Sunday 2 January 2011

Seasonal Catch-up!

Hi Everyone! I've had no time to be on my computer over the holidays due to a gas leak, water leaks, boiler and lighting problems - happy days!!!- so it's most enjoyable to be catching up with you all. I hope everyone had a happy and peaceful Christmas and are looking forward to 2011 and all that it will bring.

Despite the problems at home I took some time out to catch up with some miniatures (and calm myself down!!!) I was asked to make some more crocheted bags for a friend in the US so they're finished. A dolls house that has been sitting like a wreck for more than a year has been started - more on that in the New Year! And a good sort through of the miniatures I've collected revealed some lovely items I forgot I had - it was like Christmas all over again!

As usual I've also had another crafty project on the side to dip in and out of. I found a tutorial for crocheted snowflakes (and loads of other crafty crocheted things) on Attic24's blog (well worth a look if you're interested in learning to crochet!). After a shoogly start I got well away and found these to be so addictive!
They were pinned to shape and starched. Then sewn onto a length of ribbon and draped around our Christmas tree - aren't they pretty?

May I wish everyone all the best for the New Year and hope 2011 brings you everything you wish for
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I am Diny from The Netherlands and I have a dollhouse,collect bears and make dolls,
    Love your dolls, Happt New Year!
    Diny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diny and welcome to Miniature Allsorts!
    Looking forward to following your blog x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so please leave a message to let me know you've called by x