Tuesday 11 May 2010

Has Spring finally sprung?

Believe it or not, we had a flurry of snow today....in May! I thought it was the blossom falling from the trees at first until closer inspection revealed pure white flakes falling from the sky. Thankfully it didn't amount to much and as I type the sun is now splitting the pavements. A couple of weeks ago we had started overhauling parts of the garden and, while looking a little bare at the minute, I'm looking forward to sharing it with you once it begins filling out when the plants start to grow. We moved our bird bath which had been swallowed by some overgrown conifers to a sunnier spot and our local bird population seem to enjoy its new location. And, I am delighted that my dwarf rhododendron which was planted TWO YEARS AGO has finally decided to show some signs of life - it was very near to being uprooted!

Doesn't all seem well when the sun shines?

1 comment:

  1. I read this and had to laugh. I remember one year in Michigan, and it snowed on Memmorial Day, May 31. It didn't stick but you should've seen the faces on the people who couldn't get into the local swimming pools.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so please leave a message to let me know you've called by x