Thursday 11 February 2010

Time ticking on..

I'm still waiting (patience isn't my strong point) on the items I ordered for Mulberry Cottage and the Market Stall is pending until I can buy some miniatures at the fair later this month, so I thought you might like to see a little 24th scale project I completed some time ago. I bought a wall clock at a school fair. The clock didn't work and my sons thought I was losing my mind...but I handed over the princely sum of £2 and went home happy. The inside of the clock was discarded and I had the little case you see here. I decided that I would like to make a little kitchen scene and set about making a range, fireplace, table and some chairs from mountboard (I love that stuff!) The hardest part was getting the pulley to stay together and once that was done I cut little bits of ribbon to hang from it to look like household linens. This now hangs on the wall in my craftroom; I just call it The Kitchen in the Clock. Hope you've enjoyed this and, with a bit of luck and a visit from the postman, I'll be back soon with the grand tour of Mulberry Cottage. Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, so please leave a message to let me know you've called by x